- Feb 9, 2012: Check out these online resource for building and checking your proofs when working in Lemmon's system: the Lemmon-Style Proof Builder and the Proof Checker!
- Jan 16, 2012: Please note the changes to this week's reading and HW (due Friday). I've made the Harman reading recommended instead of required. I did this in order to make room for the additional Lemmon reading (now through p. 27). You'll see that the HW assignment has also changed accordingly. Thanks for bearing with me as I tune our schedule to where we are and where we want to get to this semester.
- Jan 9, 2012: Room change announcement! Sorry for the last minute change (but believe me, it is very much for the better!). Our class will now meet in the Tanner Library of the Philosophy Department (CTIHB 459) instead of in OSH. This change takes effect immediately, so our first meeting will be in the new location.
- Jan 9, 2012: Given the problems that some folks have had with acquiring the textbooks, I've made the first chapter of Sider available on CANVAS. Go to our course page there, and then click on "Files" (on the left side). You'll find both of our first week's readings in the "Readings" sub-folder.
- Jan 9, 2012: In addition to this website, I will be using CANVAS. Go there to keep track of your grades throughout the semester and to see an updated course calendar. You'll want to make sure to set your communication preferences in CANVAS if you haven't done that yet -- from the home page, click on "Profile" (top right) and then "Communications" (on the left).
- Jan 9, 2012: Welcome to the course homepage for PHIL 5200 / 6200, Symbolic Logic. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the site. I recommend bookmarking this site and visiting it regularly. I plan on making regular use of this announcements board, and you can also go here to collect handouts that you might have missed, check the course syllabus and most up-to-date version of the schedule.